BLACKBOILER, INC. (“BlackBoiler,” ”we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.blackboiler.com or use our services and platforms (collectively, our “Digital Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On our Digital Services.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Digital Services.
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by BlackBoiler or any third party; or
· any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Digital Services.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Digital Services, including information:
· by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
· that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as zip code or company name; and/or
· about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Digital Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Digital Services may include:
· Information that you upload to our Digital Services, such as information (including personal information) provided in a contract or agreement submitted for purposes of being processed through our Digital Services.
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Digital Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Digital Services, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Digital Services.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· You’re responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Digital Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Digital Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Digital Services.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Digital Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Digital Services according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Digital Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· We use Google Analytics performance cookies, which may include ga, gat, and gid, that are set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager and help us track visitor behavior and measure performance in order to create a better experience for our visitors. The information gathered by these performance cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google, who will use this information for evaluating your use of our website and compiling reports on the website activity for us. To opt out of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, please visit the Google Analytics site.
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Digital Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit BlackBoiler, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We also automatically collect information about how you interact with our Digital Services, including information about your device and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system, and browser type) that you use to access the Digital Services, and information about how you navigate through the Digital Services and engage with the various features. This information assists us in designing our products and services to better meet the needs of our customers.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Information We Collect From Third Parties. When you search online for the type of services that we provide, we may collect from third party vendors your personal information that you used to conduct the search, such as your name and email address, or other contact information, and your company name and industry, or other information about your business. This information helps us understand and enhance our service offerings and allows us to optimize our marketing strategies.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Digital Services and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To provide marketing materials we believe would be of interest to you.
· To improve the functionality, customization, personalization, security, design, and/or content of our Digital Services.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Digital Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form), adjust your user preferences in your account profile, and/or unsubscribe from such messaging. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure and Sale of Your Information
We do not sell your personal information to outside parties.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, including vendors that help us understand and enhance our Digital Services (e.g., analytics providers) and that help us with our digital marketing, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BlackBoiler’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BlackBoiler about our Digital Services users is among the assets transferred.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Digital Services, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BlackBoiler, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
· Promotional Offers from BlackBoiler. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by BlackBoiler to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe from such further email distributions or send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to BlackBoiler as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
· Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
· European Union Data Subjects. If you are an individual located in the EU and the GDPR applies to our processing of your personal information as a data controller, you may have the following rights to the extent provided by applicable law: (a) request access to your personal information; (b) rectify your inaccurate personal information; (c) request that we restrict processing or object to the processing of your personal information; (d) request the transfer of your personal information; and (e) ask us to delete your personal information. These rights have important conditions and exemptions, and we reserve the right to deny or limit the response to these requests to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to any requests, and may require you to submit additional personal or other information in order to verify your identity.
· California Residents. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Digital Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Digital Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Digital Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Digital Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Digital Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Digital Services.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide any services you request, for as long as you accept marketing communications from us, for as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations, and for as long as necessary to perform other legitimate business purposes.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Digital Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Digital Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Digital Services or on or through any of its features/register on the Digital Services, make any purchases through the Digital Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Digital Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.